Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dream Job Part 1


I'm sure we all have an idea of a dream job....maybe it's being paid for doing nothing or that island job in Australia. Mine is picking up poo......let me explain. My dream job is to work at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (see Dogtown on National Geographic Channel) even if I have to pick up poo!

Let's start at the beginning. When I was a little girl I always wanted to be a mom when I grew up. I had no idea I would be doing that on my own! Instead of being a stay at home mom like I wanted, I had to get a paying job. I started working for a large corporation 22 years ago. I can't complain.....I still have a job (for now), I have a boss I absolutely love, I like the people I work with.....I'm just not crazy about the day to day tasks. I know I'm being picky but at some point don't we get to do something we love???

When Mother moved in (while I was on a business trip...another story), I realized I needed to be medicated. After taking my anti-depressants for a couple of months, something in me changed. It wasn't just that I wasn't depressed anymore.....I started thinking about the future & making plans.

My plan is to stay at my current job until I reach my 25th anniversary (or I get laid off). The next step is to apply at Best Friends (I'm sure they'll hire me...LOL) & when I get the job there, move to Utah with my pack of dogs, 1 cat, 1 mother & 1 mother-in-law.

I'm sure I would be a perfect fit with all my experience with my own animals! HA! I am going to be volunteering at a shelter in the meantime....maybe I'll learn something!

Children's reactions to my announcement coming in Part 2! And yes I can see my color needs to be done in that picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment