Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dream Job Part 2


Here we go with Part 2.....Children's reactions!

Let me set the scene.....I was visiting ex-mother-in-law & K1 in the Houston area. It was Thanksgiving weekend & I had just met K1's girlfriend's parents. Super awesome people who have raised such a wonderful daughter (J) that I want her for my own!

Back to the story.....we were all at dinner, drinking wine (which I am so not used to) & I proceeded to tell J's dad what I really wanted to do with my life. I'm sure after several glasses of wine, my voice was raised above the usual level & K1 heard what I was saying...He starts sputtering & proceeds to ask me to explain myself. When I tell everyone at the table of my plan, he raises his voice to say "Mom, you can't leave your grandchildren!" I'm thinking what the hell is he not telling me......I have no grandchildren (I am not old enough, right?)....to which he replies "But you will & are you trying to tell me you love DOGS more than me & my (non-existent) children?" Well, it would be much funnier if it escalated into a drunken brawl but we're not that exciting. He has still not come around to the idea even though I remind him that he has moved away from me no less than 6 times so now it is my turn....in 3 years that is.

K2's reaction....."I don't have to go do I?"

More to come in Part 3!

2 comments:

  1. Getting caught up here....can we spend some time talking about this you not being used to wine? I'm all confused bc that is certainly not the way I left off with you twenty odd years ago. My how times have changed!

    Here's hoping you get a shot at the dream career, everyone deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I quit drinking a few years ago. Started going to church & all....you'd hardly recognize me.
    I do have a drink now & then but only if it tastes good...no more trying to get drunk. I am medicated....LOL
    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete